We have 12 guests and no members online
|This week ------------------||4747|
As mentioned earlier, the DCHQ bears the responsibility of monitoring different aspects of drug problem nationwide. Policy-making, planning and coordinating all drug control issues including multidisciplinary measures against illicit drug entry, supply, transit, as well as drug demand reduction programs such as treatment and rehabilitation of addicts, cultural affairs and public awareness measures are the other responsibilities of DCHQ.
The DCHQ aims at materializing the said objectives through:
1. Formulating and adopting executive, judicial, and cultural policies as well as issues related to public awareness, education, research and prevention programs.
2. Formulating and adopting policies for further involvement of the private sector and NGOs in drug demand reduction initiatives such as treatment, rehabilitation, social reintegration of addicts and raising public awareness amongst the nation.
3. Policy making and approving by-laws submitted by the relevant national organizations.
4. Approving DCHQ annual budget and monitoring the spending with respect to the allocated budget.
5. Coordinating the drug control efforts by law enforcement, health and judicial entities.
6. Monitoring national and regional drug situation and adjusting the pertinent approach towards new development affecting the drug situation throughout the country.